Selling your home is not as easy as it appears, well let me rephrase, getting your home ready to sell will not be easy – selling it is the easy part! Here are some tips to prepare your home for sale so it is for sale ready!
INSIDE THE HOME
- Remove Clutter: We all have clutter, so no worries. A few ways to do this – you can hire someone (I have a great referral for your) or you can do it yourself. How you ask, get 3 bins 1-garbage 2-donate, 3-keep. If you haven’t used it in 3 years donate it!!!
- Paint: Pick a neutral color like a cream or a light grey to repaint the home only if it needs it.
- De-personalize: Pack away all personal items, photo’s, memorabilia, any taxidermied animals, religious preferences. As these items may be important to you a buyer coming in wants to imagine their items in the house.
- Remodeling: Speak with your amazing agent before you take this on, you want to make sure you will get your money out of the renovation with you sell your home.
- Change the carpets: Choosing a flooring is highly personal, I would offer a flooring credit with a full priced offer.
- Take care of the Dry Rot: This is always a great selling point to put in the listing.
- Paint: Paint is highly personal, offer a paint credit instead.
- Landscape: trim bushes away from the house, trim trees away from the roof and plant a few colorful flowers, power wash patios, decking, and even house to make it shine.
- Hire an amazing agent: Look no further!
- Professional pictures are always a bonus!
- Marketing is important: keep in mind, all agents market relatively the same, you want someone who will be creative and go after the target market for the type of home you have.
In short, don’t spend a lot of money renovating your home, remove personal items, spruce up the outside and hire Your Property Connection to sell your home.